This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Switch mouse scrolling behavior (vertical vs horizontal)

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
ChameleonScales
Registered Member
OS
Is there a way to switch the scrollwheel behavior? That is, to have it scroll vertically by default and horizontally when holding shift instead of the opposite?
This is a real pain for me because:
1: I use Kdenlive and Ardour simultaneously and have to switch from one app to the other every few seconds and they have an opposite behavior, so I pretty much always mix up the scrolling key binding which is quite annoying
2: Most programs do it the usual way (vertical when scrolling without modifier key) so I'm very used to it.

I understand the reason behind this default key binding. Editing a video is 90% horizontal scrolling but I'd much prefer to switch it anyway.

Last edited by ChameleonScales on Mon May 11, 2020 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bartoloni
OS
you can propose this here: https://invent.kde.org/kde/kdenlive/issues ... but i think that the change can be done very far on time... i'm asking to replace the "Windows" button (that ungroup tracks) to another key from last year... ( because on Windows pressing this button show the START MENU :( )
ChameleonScales
Registered Member
OS