This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Unknown asset : "qtblend" after update

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
zaph-bee
Registered Member
I'm using Kdenlive on Linux and have recently updated from 19.12 to 20.04 to find that my transition effects are gone from all projects. When I run the program from the command line, I see this amidst other noise:

Code: Select all
++++++ Unknown asset :  "qtblend"

I also get a pop-up titled "Clip Problems" that tells me "Missing effect: qtblend will be removed from project."

I've successfully downgraded kdenlive but the problem persists. Is this a problem with Qt itself?
petersondillard
Registered Member
zaph-bee wrote:I'm using Kdenlive on Linux and have recently updated from 19.12 to 20.04 to find that my transition effects are gone from all projects. When I run the program from the command line, I see this amidst other noise:

++++++ Unknown asset :  "qtblend"

I also get a pop-up titled "Clip Problems" that tells me "Missing effect: qtblend will be removed from project."

I've successfully downgraded kdenlive but the problem persists. Is this a problem with Qt itself?

I have exactly the same problem 😦
zaph-bee
Registered Member
petersondillard wrote:I have exactly the same problem 😦

Unfortunately, the only "solution" I've found is to redo all of my transitions from scratch.

To make matters worse, this newer version of kdenlive seems really unstable and I'm having an extremely difficult time doing things that were simple before.

For instance: I can't seem to see changes in the editor until I close and restart kdenlive, and if I try to put more than one clip on a track it doesn't display (the result is 12 video tracks, where before 4 were enough).

What happened? I loved this software so much. :'(
vpinon
KDE Developer
OS
Hello,
You don't say how you installed Kdenlive, for sure your setup seems broken...
As usual, we recommend using our AppImage to work around these problems, and maybe report a packaging bug to your packager (distro? ppa/snap/flatpak?)
zaph-bee
Registered Member
vpinon wrote:Hello,
You don't say how you installed Kdenlive, for sure your setup seems broken...
As usual, we recommend using our AppImage to work around these problems, and maybe report a packaging bug to your packager (distro? ppa/snap/flatpak?)

Thank you for your response. Somebody on IRC suggested using an AppImage of the older version I'd been using and that works! I can now finish my project without having to redo it all, huge relief.

I had been just using the kdenlive package from my Linux distribution (which was fine until the upgrade). I assume downgrading didn't work due to other package changes that had happened, I tried to investigate but couldn't find where "qtblend" comes from.

Anyways, I'd love for my 19.x project files to open in 20.x without any problems. Or is this expected and something on my end is broken? Because I have a nearly-complete project that just needs minor edits, and when I open it with 20.x it is completely unusable.
deftdawg
Registered Member
Hi All,

I'm investigating this issue on the kde-mac build of kdenlive on Mac OS.

I am missing Transform from effects which I think is supported by the qtblend filter of melt (mlt).

On your systems that complain about this error what do you see for "melt -query filters | grep qt"? Also what distro and version of distro are you running?

On my Ubuntu systems with kdenlive 20.04 and melt 6.2.0 ("melt -version"), with everything working I see:
melt -query filters | grep qt
  - qtext
  - qtblend

melt -version
melt 6.20.0
Copyright (C) 2002-2020 Meltytech, LLC
<https://www.mltframework.org/>
This is free software; see the source for copying conditions.  There is NO
warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

On my Mac w/ kde-mac with the missing Transform effect with melt (also 6.2.0) installed through brew, I get nothing:

melt -query filters | grep qt
objc[13399]: Class SDLTranslatorResponder is implemented in both /usr/local/opt/sdl2/lib

melt -version
melt 6.20.0
Copyright (C) 2002-2020 Meltytech, LLC
<https://www.mltframework.org/>
This is free software; see the source for copying conditions.  There is NO
warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

no qtext nor qtblend

AppImage, Snap, or FlatPal probably all bundle mlt as a dependency, so that's probably why they work... Unfortunately, they aren't an option in Mac land, so I'm keen to get to the bottom of this.

-DD