This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

"Rendering using low quality track compositing"

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
zaph-bee
Registered Member
When I go to render my project, the "Rendering" window states "Rendering using low quality track compositing" at the bottom and the resulting video is awful quality.

A few weeks ago, before updating to kdenlive 20, this wasn't an issue and I was able to render high-quality videos. What am I missing that my renderings are so low quality, and this message displays?
bartoloni
OS
i had this message on old versions (if i remember well 19.04.x and lower) never understood what it mean but i noticed no changes on rendering using "preview" or "high quaility" .. on Kdenlive 20.x there is no more the message (never seen on latest months) .. i usually use the "preview" mode (i noticed no variations on preview monitor.. no changes on frame skipping.. but sometimes on large project i select this option)

and i just tried.. using the 2 kind of preview.. to render a clip... and there are no variations on outputs... the rendered clips are the same.

the only thing i can suggest is to delete the kdenliverc file... and press the "reset configuration" on HELP menu' of kdenlive and re-try.
zaph-bee
Registered Member
bartoloni wrote:i had this message on old versions (if i remember well 19.04.x and lower) never understood what it mean but i noticed no changes on rendering using "preview" or "high quaility" .. on Kdenlive 20.x there is no more the message (never seen on latest months) .. i usually use the "preview" mode (i noticed no variations on preview monitor.. no changes on frame skipping.. but sometimes on large project i select this option)

and i just tried.. using the 2 kind of preview.. to render a clip... and there are no variations on outputs... the rendered clips are the same.

the only thing i can suggest is to delete the kdenliverc file... and press the "reset configuration" on HELP menu' of kdenlive and re-try.

Thank you for your reply - this seemed to work!
bartoloni
OS
bumping up this...

doing some tests seems that using low quality the rendering time is lower than highquality (on my small test the rendeting time is 1/3 longer on high quality) ... the final output has a similar size...
probably this feature can be used to make a full rendering reducing time.. but maybe also this can be done changing rendering options.