This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Freeze effect does not work on clip that already has effect

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
davexenta
Registered Member
OS
Hi,
I am running kdenlive 17.12.3 on Ubuntu 18.04
I wanted to add a freeze to a clip on the timeline that already had a Position and Zoom effect added, but nothing happened.
If I removed the Position and Zoom effect the Freeze effect worked as described in Tutorials but adding Zoom effect again stopped the Freeze from working.
Anybody else experience this - is there a workaround?

Also I wanted to grab a snapshot of the freeze to generate a Mask from it, but could not find way to do that.

Thanks
Dave
bartoloni
OS
you can extract snapshots from clip on the preview window (project monitor) , right mouse button : EXTRACT FRAME

for the freeze effect, on my tests the onluy working efefct is the Freeze... the position and zoom is doing nothing. (and also every other effect)

P.S. a possible workaround to the "position and zoom" issue is to use a COMPOSITION (composite and transform)
davexenta
Registered Member
OS
Thanks for checking - I have used right mouse click to extract frame from the Clip monitor, but this time I was trying the Project monitor (which I had moved to a separate monitor for the first time) and it did not work, so I assumed that was normal. Since your post I have tried again and this time it worked - must have been a glitch!
I shall try your suggestion of Composite and Transform next time. - Dave