This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Rendering doesn't finish

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
upset
Registered Member

Rendering doesn't finish

Mon Jun 08, 2020 7:22 pm
I downloaded the latest version of kdenlive. I did a 25 mins project, consisting of jpg, gif, mp3, mp4. On rendering, while it's nearing the end like 7%, 10%, 5% left, it constantly hang and does not progresses for hours. I patiently wait for several hours hoping it will successfully render but I just end up with aborting it and trying again.
I also tried to uninstall and reinstall kdenlive again but same thing happens.
Could somebody help me figure out the problem so I can finally finish this project for my mom.
Or is there any platform where I can render a kdenlive project instead? Thanks a lot!
vpinon
KDE Developer
OS

Re: Rendering doesn't finish

Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:31 am
Hello
General advice regarding rendering problems:
there is probably a particular clip, an effect or a composition causing problem => try to identify it by rendering small zones. Once you find it, try removing that particular one and redo only that small part, and if the problem persists report about it, and we will try to find a workaround.
bartoloni
OS

Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:40 am
upset wrote:Could somebody help me figure out the problem

i can confirm what Vincent says... for example on a my old project the rendering crashes on a clip where i placed an AUTO-MASK effect (to hide a part of clip) with a selection area OUTSIDE the VIEW (the red box)

i also can only suggest to search on the video (looking at % when the rendering fails) and place a RENDERING ZONE.. (to speed up the search of issue) reducing the rendering zone you are able to find where the rendering crashes without rendering all the video... ( and if this is related to an effect maybe fill a bug segnalation)
dadicamillette
Registered Member

Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:59 pm
I have a similar problem with an old project when rendering..
dadicamillette
Registered Member

Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:01 pm
I am a taker of all solutions, I set up a rendering zone but it is not so easy to find the error
bartoloni
OS

Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:16 am
dadicamillette wrote:I am a taker of all solutions, I set up a rendering zone but it is not so easy to find the error

reducing the rendering zone progressively.. or moving it left or right usually take me not a lot of time to find the issue.