This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Problem with Rendering Title Clip (Title Clip)

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
argonauta
Registered Member
Hi,

This is a simple question that I have not been able to find an answer in this forum or online. If this question was already been answered, kindly direct me to the right thread.

I am using Kdenlive on Windows version 20.04.1. I have added a simple title text onto the video and when previewing it, everything seems fine. However, after rendering -- I have tried it in many different ways -- the text is out of line, as you can see here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FJ4vQ_90U4

Any help on how to solve this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
bartoloni
OS
OUT OF LINE what mean? the text need to be placed on the black box? do you have a screenshot of the preview?
argonauta
Registered Member
bartoloni wrote:OUT OF LINE what mean? the text need to be placed on the black box? do you have a screenshot of the preview?

Thanks for the reply @bartoloni. The text is inside the black box in the preview. I have had the same issue when rendering videos with more than one title clip.

ps. I am not sure how to upload a screenshot of the preview in this forum.
bartoloni
OS
OK, is your locale decimal separator a COMMA? ( , )
argonauta
Registered Member
bartoloni wrote:OK, is your locale decimal separator a COMMA? ( , )

@bartoloni My timeline looks a bit different than this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrahRf7KsNk. On this link there are only 'colons' between numbers on the 'normal mode' line. On my timeline instead the decimal separator is a 'comma', as you said. Please note that on the timeline right above where videos are dragged to the decimal separator there is a 'semi colon', which is different than the 'colon' of the video mentioned.

If this is the issue, it would be great if you could show me every step to fix this problem. I am quite new to kdenlive and coding.

Thanks,
bartoloni
OS
for now the only thing i can sugegst is to switch to POINT as locale decimal separator... .restart Kdenlive, and staart a new project (probably you have no more the issue)..

OR wait.. for a future relase (next month?) of Kdenlive with a preliminary fix (i hope) of the comma/point "affair"
argonauta
Registered Member
bartoloni wrote:for now the only thing i can sugegst is to switch to POINT as locale decimal separator... .restart Kdenlive, and staart a new project (probably you have no more the issue)..

OR wait.. for a future relase (next month?) of Kdenlive with a preliminary fix (i hope) of the comma/point "affair"

I have restarted kdenlive and open a new project but the problem remains. I have seen that you have been dealing with this issue for some time now. Any idea why it keeps popping up? Cheers,

I will wait for the release of the new version next month then.