This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Render Selected zone not working, Windows Kdenlive 20.04.1

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
sadabe
Registered Member
I've tried a number of things and I just can't seem to get it to work. I've used Kdenlive for years on Linux and recently began using the windows version. I installed and have not been able to render a video using the "selected zone". It will only render the entire timeline with a bunch of blank space at the end and every render takes ~40 minutes because of it. I've tried various settings adjustments, clean uninstall (deleting everything kdenlive I could locate) and reinstall, and various different render output formats and the problem persists. Can anyone help me! TIA
frewfrew
Registered Member
Hello,

rendering selected zone works here

Kdenlive
Version 20.04.1

Windows 10

here's how I do it:
put a test video clip into kdenlive timeline
put the timeline playhead at beginning of selected area and press i key (or press set zone in button)
put the timeline playhead at end of selected area and press o key (or press set zone out button)
click render button
at render project tab give the render a name, choose a format etc
at render project tab select "selected zone", not "full project"
click render to file

hope that helps
bartoloni
OS
Just tried with latest build for Windows, and no issues on zone rendering.
sadabe
Registered Member
I understand its a working feature for most, but it will not work for me. I need help figuring out why. Its very frustrating and adding so much time to my work. Anyone have any ideas?
sadabe
Registered Member
UPDATE: I'm not sure what action fixed it, but I uninstalled a myriad of other video editing software titles that I had and then installed 19.x.x version of Kdenlive and it worked. Then I uninstalled that version and reinstalled the latest 20.04.1 and it works fine now. Wish I knew exactly where the conflict was but either way its working now.