This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Graphics files stopped displaying in monitor. Happen sudden.

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Superuser
Registered Member
I use a DEll laptop with Debian. I use KDenlive 6.4.1 Everything was fine until yesterday when I tried adding a graphic file to the timeline. Thumbnails showed up but the monitor went blank just for the graphics. Now the really strange thing is that my old graphics will work. I use Gimp for graphics. I have several other graphics programs and the same is true for graphics through them. The old graphics work, but not anything new. Video is fine, no problem. I am not one to change settings on a whim. I have gone through and tried different settings and multiple processes such as rebooting. If I render the project, the graphics will appear in the video, but I am blind during the editing stage. Again nothing changed until the problem occurred and I attempted to resolve the problem. This is not the typical 'Where is the on button?" problem. Any help appreciated.
Merlimau
Registered Member
Kdenlive version 6.4.1 is not known. Please try with the current Kdenlive AppImage version 20.04.1b.
Superuser
Registered Member
My error. The version I posted was for the version of MLT the actual version of KDEnlive is 16.12.2. For Debian the latest version available is 18.12.3-1. I am finding that I have repository issues which make it impossible to download at this time. Also the download wants to remove programs that I am using such as Calibre and several others.

For one day only, and I did not change anything: graphics started working again, but the next day it was back to not view graphics. Graphics will render currently if I don't mind adding them in blindly.
Merlimau
Registered Member
Kdenlive 16.12.2 is not maintained anymore. As said, please try with the AppImage.
Superuser
Registered Member
I had never heard of the program. I shall research and give it a try, because I really, really, like KDEnlive. As a suggestion, make the slide buttons a different color. In poor lighting conditions the buttons all but disappear.

Thanx again for the help.
tellmurphyusa
Registered Member
Look down to the presentation segment and check tellmurphyusa the case to handicap equipment designs increasing speed TellMurphyUSA.
Superuser
Registered Member
I am not at the computer and when a get back I'll give it a try. Thanks.