This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

raising and lowering tracks

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
bobdobbs
Registered Member

raising and lowering tracks

Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:25 am
As with most video editors, tracks in the timeline work a little like layers in photoshop: tracks at the top occlude tracks beneath them.

How do I raise or lower tracks?

I've been hunting through the manual and searching google, but I can't find any info on how to do this.

Thanks.
bobdobbs
Registered Member

Re: raising and lowering tracks

Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:12 am
Bumping
bobdobbs
Registered Member

Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:25 am
bump
bartoloni
OS

Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:13 am
if you have (for example) some sort of titling/logos on upper tracks... why you need to place it "before" video clips?
also if you have a clip on the wrong place ... why not MOVE the clip on right place?
video editing is not a "vectors" editing, all the "objects" are at full screen (usually) and there is a "video editing method" (that is used for 20 years) .. main video clips on track V1-V2 ... titling on V3 and watermark logos on V4 ( most simple project ) if the clip are placed randomly/badly the video editing can't be "adjusted" moving tracks.

btw.. not.. there is not a some sort of track-shifter.. or reordering...
maybe this can be an extra feature but sincerely ... i never needed this...

p.s. can you provide an example to understand WHEN this feature can help?
bobdobbs
Registered Member

Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:00 am
bartoloni wrote:
p.s. can you provide an example to understand WHEN this feature can help?

I'd like to make a video composed of animated transparent PNG's.

I'd like to have a constant background. So I create a PNG that is basically a block of a single colour.
I'd like this PNG to be in the background.

I import the PNG and create a new video track for it.

When I create a new video track for it, the track is created in the middle of the stack of tracks, and I can't move it up or down the stack.
So the tracks underneath are no longer usable.

This is acceptable, although very annoying, if I do this at the start of a project and those tracks are empty.

If I do this after I've already populating the existing tracks then the entire project is no longer usable.
bartoloni
OS

Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:17 am
please if you can provide a screenshot of your timeline with pngs... i can't understand what is the issue...

if you haev to create some sort of cartoon ... you need to palec a background... on V1.. and place animated (or static) MOVs or PNGs characters on V2 - V3 - V4 and use "transform effect" to move them and resize them...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-4gVXr_JVo