This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Clips won't load in timeline in Windows

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
jonnyA
Registered Member
I am having trouble moving any clip in Windows to the timeline. Kdenlive just hangs, sometimes reprocesses the video.

I didn't have this problem before the big Windows update. I saw the Windows wiki suggestion to update drivers and I've done that, but the problem still persists.

Any suggestions?

Thanks for the help.
bartoloni
OS
do you have an intel VGA?
jonnyA
Registered Member
bartoloni wrote:do you have an intel VGA?

Yes, Intel HD 4600. Updated to driver 20.19.15.5126.
bartoloni
OS
and you have tried to switch the "openGL backend" ? (on Kdenlive settings menu)
jonnyA
Registered Member
bartoloni wrote:and you have tried to switch the "openGL backend" ? (on Kdenlive settings menu)

Yes, I've tried all three backends. Is there a way to produce a log on Windows?
bartoloni
OS
this is the issue related to what seems to happens to you... https://invent.kde.org/multimedia/kdenlive/-/issues/277
is CLOSED because it was fixed some time ago'... (but maybe needs to be reopened)

have you tried to close kdenlive and delete the KDENLIVERC file?

Eugen Mohr @emohr · 2 months ago
Confirmed. Deleting [misc] section in kdenliverc solves the Intel GPU issue: https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=420595#c5
stephenesseenyne
Registered Member
OS
Hi

This happened to me. One of two things fixed this. After creating the project I dragged the footage from the windows explorer into the bin - I repeat, I dragged the files. I also uninstalled and reinstalled Kdenlive.

Since then it has been stable.

Running a disk cleanup (including system files) on the root of C:\ won't do any harm - you might be horrified by the amount of memory you're about to claim back.

Regards

Stephen