This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Is there a downloadable version of Kdenlive for Mac?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
kmasters
Registered Member
Hi

I teach Kdenlive to students who mostly use Windows machines, and those who don't, use Windows machines in the campus labs. With Corona, my students are at home, and the Mac users are stuck. I know virtually nothing about Mac, and all I'm looking for is a simple, single file that a relative novice Mac user can download and install in the same way that the Windows users download exes. I have searched online, and see only discussions about python compilers, and macports and other stuff, but no exe equivalent (.dmg?). Does such a file exist? If so, could somebody please point me to it?

Thanks

Ken
bartoloni
OS
The mac-porting was "stopped" a lot of time ago'... there is an automatic build for mac created by craft-tool... but for what i know is not working...
( https://binary-factory.kde.org/job/Kden ... -clang.dmg ) this link is valid for today only..

btw usually mac users use imovie (as a beginner video editor) and don't need (want to learn) another "beginner" software.
kmasters
Registered Member
Hi

Ok, thanks very much. I'll give this a try. (Otherwise, it's bad news for me, because I can't teach two different systems (implications for examinations and resources), and, as I have a personal policy that I always use what I teach (it's the best way to stay up to date, and it also clearly demonstrates its value to the students), I guess i'm going to have to look for something else that works on both platforms.)

Thanks, anyway, for the response and the link.

Ken
epicnineeightsixthree
Registered Member
bartoloni wrote:The mac-porting was "stopped" a lot of time ago'... there is an automatic build for mac created by craft-tool... but for what i know is not working...
( https://binary-factory.kde.org/job/Kden ... -clang.dmg ) this link is valid for today only..

btw usually mac users use imovie (as a beginner video editor) and don't need (want to learn) another "beginner" software.

I know that the Mac version is messed up but is it on the list of things to fix as I can tell you what happened when I opened it.

The program open and wondered where melt was and also MLT profiles.

Then crashes.
vpinon
KDE Developer
OS
Try kdenlive from brew with KDE repository.
Or try Shotcut, also free and delivers Mac binaries.
epicnineeightsixthree
Registered Member
Would you be willing to provide links to the thing you were talking about?