This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Feature request - Keyframmable speed change

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
kausky
Registered Member
I just saw on reddit the layout of the upcoming 20.08 release - this looks very promising and I am excited.

Wanted to request a feature for the upcoming release if possible: Currently, in order to apply speed change to part of a clip, the clip needs to be first split and then speed change applied to the split part. Instead, can the speed change be made keyframmable? Importantly, this will allow a smooth increase/decrease in speed like the very popular 'speed ramp' feature in Premiere Pro.

If this isn't the right place for this request, let me know and I will post this again in the appropriate space. Thanks.
bartoloni
OS
Can be nice... also to make a "progressive" slow-motion using curves...
kausky
Registered Member
Bump.

I've heard SpeedRamp is coming with MLT7 and that unstable branch is already available, which may be integrated for the 21.08 release. If anyone has any further updates or a pointer to the test version of the app, feel free to drop a comment here and keep us updated. Looking forward to this feature.
juckendesauge
Registered Member
kausky wrote:I just saw on reddit the layout of the upcoming 20.08 release - this looks very promising and I am excited.

Wanted to request a feature for the upcoming release if possible: Currently, in order to apply speed change to part of a clip, the clip needs to be first split and then speed change applied to the split part. Instead, can the speed change be made keyframmable? Importantly, this will allow a smooth increase/decrease in speed like the very popular 'speed ramp' feature in Premiere Pro.

If this isn't the right place for this request, let me know and I will post this again in the appropriate space. Thanks.

Hello,
I've spent several hours on this now, and watched countless youtube videos on slowing down video with keyframes. The only thing I found was right click on the video and then change speed.
Thanks for your post. It eliminates the need for further searching on my part.

I'm all for that effect too. It is very useful.

Many greetings

juck.