This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

New user: problem with invalid clips, please help!

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Sarah_Caterina
Registered Member
Hi, this is my first time posting here, so if anyone can help, it would be much appreciated :)
(And if this is in the wrong forum, could someone tell me where to post it?)

I'm using kdenlive on Windows 10, I made a couple of projects already and didn't have too big problems.

Now I'm making a project with a lot of video tracks and the playback kept stuttering. I read that using proxy files helps so I tried to make these. I have 3 clips in the project bin and the third clip, I couldn't get it to make a proxy file, it kept showing an error message.

So I closed the whole project and tried to reopen. This time I got an error message saying "problems found in your project file" and a massive list of "invalid clip producer11 found on track playlist8 at 2159" (and so on but with different numbers).

I clicked ok (the only option) and ALL the clips from the project timeline seem to have vanished - except the ones from the third file (which before I couldn't make into a proxy). I'm really confused as that one now seems to have a proxy file. But all the clips on the timeline from the other two files have completely vanished.

I've spent hours on this project and I can't find any way to salvage it after trawling the forums for fixes, so I'm pretty desperate! I really don't want to have to start again or to have this problem again.... Can anyone help? Thank you in advance!
bartoloni
OS
would you try latest installer? https://binary-factory.kde.org/job/Kden ... 64-gcc.exe
i dont' think it can fixes a bad project file... is just a try.

P.S. i don't think that proxy files are solving stuttering playback.