This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

A LOT of issues, crashes and a fatal memory leak

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
ddzirowan
Registered Member
I am on linux mint 19.3

I've been using kdenlive for like 2 weeks and it always gave me problems like random crashes.
This time it's worse.
First, while rendering a video it crashed, closing kdenlive and making a corrupted .mp4 (useless).
So i opened the project to try to render it again. Kdenlive crashed while opening the project. I tried many times and it kept happening.
So i tried dragging the .kdenlive in kdelive and it actaully worked but now the video is just one big clip and I cannot edit the single clips, althought it is a .kdenlive file.
So i tried to remove the part that I thought was causing the crashes (a 1000% speed clip) but i noticed kdenlive would crash after some time being open.
I opened task manager and I saw that memory usage was increasing as soon as I opened the project.
This would speed up a lot if I tried to render the video.
I tried updating to linux mint 20 but nothing.
It also randomly crashes while i watch/change time in the project.

I CANNOT FIND ANYTHING USEFUL ON THE INTERNET

My pc is good and powerful too.
It's 5 am and i am very tired so if you think I have not described well enough the issue please tell me.

If I sent the kdenlive project would someone render it for me?
thishis
Registered Member
Recently, even I encountered random crashes on LInux. I don't know why this is happening.
bartoloni
OS
ddzirowan wrote:I CANNOT FIND ANYTHING USEFUL ON THE INTERNET

maybe using an updated Appimage? https://files.kde.org/kdenlive/release/ ... 4.appimage