This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Syncing two video clips

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
MortimerCat
Registered Member

Syncing two video clips

Sun Aug 16, 2020 12:57 pm
I have been searching for an answer, but I am only finding techniques to synchronise the audio track :(

I am using Kdenlive to join up short clips made on nature cams. Sometimes I get something exciting happening visible from two cameras so it is nice to have one camera on an inset.

So I set my two clips up on two separate video track. The problem is that my clips do not start simultaneously. My technique is to find a frame that I can visually match up - eg Clip 1 = 12.12s / Clip2 = 17.02s Then the worse bit, I have to do a bit of maths to work out the start time of the inset clip and manually enter it.

Is there a way to make this easier and avoid the maths part? I want to mark a point on on multiple clips and be able to snap align those clips along that point.
bartoloni
OS

Re: Syncing two video clips

Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:57 am
this is the scope of a CIAK on the set :)
MortimerCat
Registered Member

Re: Syncing two video clips

Tue Aug 18, 2020 12:37 pm
Unfortunately when a sparrow lands on the bird table they often forget to use the clapperboard.

Your comment has helped though 8) It made me realise all I have to do is to razor cut all my clips at the moment the bird touches the table. This gives me a time synced edge that I can align to.