This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Transitions doesn't work between non-adjascent tracks

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
igorcmelo
Registered Member
[Kdenlive]

Lets say I have 3 video tracks of a podcast example:
- Track 1 = person 1 speaking
- Track 2 = person 2 speaking
- Track 3 = text (subtiltes, names, etc)

This would work perfectly fine. All wipe transitions works as they should, because tracks are adjascent.

But this does not work, because track 3 and 1 are not adjascent.

So, can I make transition between track 1 and 3 work, without having to put person 1 on track 2 or something like that?
bartoloni
OS
The "COMPOSITION TRACK" (of WIPE TRANSFORMATION settings) value is made for select the track related to the composition. switch from auto to desired track.
igorcmelo
Registered Member
bartoloni wrote:The "COMPOSITION TRACK" (of WIPE TRANSFORMATION settings) value is made for select the track related to the composition. switch from auto to desired track.

Thank you, bartoloni!
This solves this problem, but is it possible to make transitions work with every track below it, like what GiMP does?
For example: if I set Layer 5 to Multiply on GIMP, it will multiply all layers below it.
bartoloni
OS
trasitions are "intended" as a track vs track transition effect (right now) and this mean that is not possible to apply a trasition to multiple tracks (for example a video clip and a title)

this is an HUGE limitation... for example to make a FADE TO BLACK is necessary to add a COMPLETELY BLACK COLOR CLIP on V4 (for example) and increase opacity...
igorcmelo
Registered Member
bartoloni wrote:trasitions are "intended" as a track vs track transition effect (right now) and this mean that is not possible to apply a trasition to multiple tracks (for example a video clip and a title)

this is an HUGE limitation... for example to make a FADE TO BLACK is necessary to add a COMPLETELY BLACK COLOR CLIP on V4 (for example) and increase opacity...

I agree. That is something that would be very useful to have on Kdenlive.
I am thinking of requesting this feature. Have you done this already?
bartoloni
OS
well sincerely.. trasition effects like spirals, squares, fire.. etc etc tec.. are a little bit "vintage" on last 10 years everything is fading to black/white and sometimes going out of focus... and these things can be made using "effects" on MASTER ... last time i used a "geometric" transition was 2002...
maybe this can be request.. but i think that developers are now focuses on "modern things" like new video formats... subtitles... multichannel audio... rendering with proxies.. etc etc..

if i can choice to fix something... i will be very happy if "transform", "crop scale and tilt" , "position and zoom" can finally add moving images/texts oevr other clips without cutting them...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxNCOtvp9dE
https://invent.kde.org/multimedia/kdenlive/-/issues/510