This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

OpenTimelineIO Export Not Working

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
brettv
Registered Member

OpenTimelineIO Export Not Working

Wed Aug 19, 2020 2:11 am
I am unable to use the new OpenTimelineIO Export feature in Kdenlive.
I am running Kdenlive 20.08 under Kubuntu and I have installed OpenTimelineIO by using
Code: Select all
pip3 install opentimelineio
I got the warning saying that the scripts were installed in $HOME/.local/bin which is not on PATH.
So I went ahead and duly added this directory to my $PATH variable.
However Kdenlive still cannot find the otioconvert script. It tells me to check that the directory is listed in the PATH environment variable. But I've already gone ahead and added the variable to PATH.
Interestingly, kdenlive has a menu option under "Configure" called "Environment". In this menu option I can set the directory paths to FFMPEG and other things for MLT.
I would propose having a tab for "OpenTimelineIO" environment where I can directly enter the directories to the OpenTimelineIO scripts. This way I wouldn't have to modify my PATH variable (which didn't work in my case, anyway).
Thanks and hope to hear your thoughts.
brettv
Registered Member

Re: OpenTimelineIO Export Not Working

Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:24 am
All right so it is working now after restart. I can use the "Export Timeline" option,
But please consider my suggestion of adding the OpentimelineIO scripts directory to the Environment tab. It would save some extra steps.
aman-mohammed-max
Registered Member
you such uses 'sudo' command