This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

White sections in rendered Kdenlive output (Windows10)

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
raoulteeuwen
Registered Member
Hello. 1st time using Kdenlive on Windows10. Have edited a project, but whatever i try to generate output, i get a video file with parts actual images, but lots of white screen sections in between, totally unusable. I'm on 20.08.0. I have also tried using melt from the command line, but get the exact same output. Also changing to mp4, mpeg2, webm ... all the same output. When i quit Kdenlive and open the project, i can preview the project just fine. So i would think the source is fine, it's something wrong with what is creating the output. I see the process hang a couple of times a second or more during render, but don't know whether that is normal.
vpinon
KDE Developer
OS
Hello,
In 20.08, we adopted a new approach to many long standings bugs due to comma/point decimal separator issue (I guess your localization option uses ","?).
Our tests did work on Linux, but obviously we didn't test enough on Windows with comma separator.
We will try to find a fix soon, meanwhile you should either stick to 20.04, or switch you language options to "." separator (as in en-US).
Sorry for the inconvenience!
bartoloni
OS
raoulteeuwen wrote:Hello. 1st time using Kdenlive on Windows10. Have edited a project, but whatever i try to generate output,

can you do a test for me? please try the build of 3 August of Kdenlive: www.wcn.it/Kdenlive-20-08-Windows-64-installer.exe
raoulteeuwen
Registered Member
1st, thank you for the fast (and informative) reply, and for doing what you guys are doing!

Tried the exe version you suggested/supplied ("Kdenlive Version 20.11.70"), and i get a good render now! Thank you. Kindest regards.
bartoloni
OS
ok.. this mean that there is something wrong with kdenlive.exe after august 3.
https://invent.kde.org/multimedia/kdenlive/-/issues/780