This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

How can I rename a clip on the timeline?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
alemigol
Registered Member
Is it possible to rename a clip on the timeline? I mean, to give a name to one of the copies of the clip on a timeline track.
bartoloni
OS
usually the MARKERS are made to add some sort of NOTE on a clip... just add a marker on clip with what you want to know about clip to ensure to not use the wrong clip on timeline.. (just a suggestion)

P.S. nope.. is not possible to rename a CLIP like now... usually i rename the original file to something identificable.. from 121233_233443.AVI to "bridge.avi"
alemigol
Registered Member
bartoloni wrote:usually the MARKERS are made to add some sort of NOTE on a clip... just add a marker on clip with what you want to know about clip to ensure to not use the wrong clip on timeline.. (just a suggestion)

P.S. nope.. is not possible to rename a CLIP like now... usually i rename the original file to something identificable.. from 121233_233443.AVI to "bridge.avi"

Thanks, but that's too bad; I had the same clip repeating 10 times, so I wanted to give a name to each repetition. I suppose markers will be OK though.