This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Video freezes but audio continues playing?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
seemeetee
Registered Member
So I was attempting to edit a video today and got a few minutes through with no problems until at one point the video kind of froze but the audio continued playing. I jumped forward and it still just showed a freeze frame but the audio was fine. It's happened a couple of times now and I have no idea how to fix it. The video before this point is fine and when I skipped back to check the video before that, then skipped forward to the point it froze, it showed a different freeze frame but still froze at roughly the same point. Shortly after, it stopped responding and I had to exit.

I tried starting a new project just to test that clip specifically and the same thing happened.

Some other possibly relevant info:
- I checked the clip itself (not on Kden) and it seems fine, it's definitely a problem with Kden and not the clip itself
- I import a clip filmed on my camera, ungroup and delete the original audio and import separate audio from my mic, which I then group with the video clip
- I'm using a Windows PC

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, I really need to finish editing this video in the next couple of days
bartoloni
OS
try an updated release of Kdenlive: https://binary-factory.kde.org/job/Kden ... 64-gcc.exe

and also delete these files/folders before installation: