This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Is it a bug ?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
spyridon
Registered Member

Is it a bug ?

Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:25 am
Hello I am new here and glad I found you !
I am not sure if this is the right place to post that question, if not please correct me.

I installed the latest version of kdenlive 20.08.1 . My problem is that, when I load a video for editing, by defaul it ads 400% more length to the layers.
That means for example that, when I render the project to mp4, if my project has duration 5 minutes, the compiled mp4 will be 20 minutes:
5 minutes + 15 minutes of empty content ( black screen, no sound) at the end of it.

I clicked on the option "render selected area only", in the rendering tab, after having selected only the first 5 minutes with the tool over the layers panel,
but it seems to ignore it.

All these issues were not happening in version 18.08.2. There, if you clicked on "render full project, it rendered only the actual content area without
adding blank content.

Do I need to do some adjustments to fix this or it is a bug the new version has ?

Thank you in advance for your help, it will be most appreciated !
spyridon
Registered Member

Re: Is it a bug ?

Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:02 pm
Hello,

I was wondering, does anyone know something about it ?

Thank you
bartoloni
OS

Re: Is it a bug ?

Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:22 pm
not happening to me... windows 10 - kdenlive 20.08.1 .. i made some projects last week without issues..

you can try to post your .project ... without resources.. just to see what happens loading it on another pc.