This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Editing video WHILE rendering - will it work?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
omarrash
Registered Member
Hello all,

I am working on a video project with several different versions with different introduction clips.

I wanted to know if I can start rendering the project with one introduction clip, and while it's rendering, disable that intro clip and re-enable the next intro clip in order to get it ready for the next render.

What I've been doing is enabling the appropriate introduction clip, rendering, and then waiting until it finishes. Then, disabling that intro clip, enabling the next, etc. and doing the next one.

I have a series of perhaps 30 videos that I need to make with different intros, and I'm wondering if I can disable one active clip while the project is rendering without causing errors in the file.

Rather than testing it myself and risking destroying something and breaking my file, I figured I would ask here.

Thanks for any insights you may have.

With peace,

- Omar
bartoloni
OS
never do that.. but i always supposed that this is something to not do. :) maybe opening 2 different istances of kdenlive....