This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

How to use pan and zoom

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
derbydog
Registered Member

How to use pan and zoom

Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:29 pm
Morning....I'm a newbie user...

Trying to figure out how to make pan and zoom work. (I'm on the latest version and using windows 10).

I select Transform, Position and Zoom and drag it to the jpeg on the timeline. The tutorials say to then click on Properties and it displays all x, y and z selections. I don't see Properties anywhere, I see Clip properties - and the box is empty. (yes I have the clip selected...).

I can drag the handles on in the player and resize the picture.....So how do find the display for the keyframes?

Appreciate any help you can offer...

Derbydog
berndmj
Registered Member
OS

Re: How to use pan and zoom

Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:00 pm
derbydog wrote:I select Transform, Position and Zoom and drag it to the jpeg on the timeline. The tutorials say to then click on Properties and it displays all x, y and z selections. I don't see Properties anywhere, I see Clip properties - and the box is empty. (yes I have the clip selected...).

I can drag the handles on in the player and resize the picture.....So how do find the display for the keyframes?

Assuming you mean the "Transform" effect ("Position and Zoom" has slightly different properties/settings) you will only have x and y coordinates, as well as width, height and size (zoom).
The layout of kdenlive uses tabs for the various windows for effects, properties, monitors etc. to accommodate different workflows. So make sure that you have selected the "Effect/Composition Stack" tab. By default is is on the left side of the window. You can change that in the settings, though.
https://i.imgur.com/pdHmIre.png

This forum will soon be archived and you won't be able to interact with it anymore. Please use KDE Discuss instead.