This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Moving clip in timeline destroys Position & Zoom effect keyf

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
medicjohn
Registered Member
First, I am a newbie so I may well being doing something very incorrectly but am hoping for some guidance. Using 20.04 on Windoze-10.

I have a less than 10 minute video with maybe 20 clips. A couple of those clips need to have zoom in to highlight what the narration is talking about. After a learning curve, I THINK that I have learned to place keyframes, set zoom and X, Y, H, and Z values (set of four for start normal, to zoom in/pan over, hold, zoom out/pan back, and back to normal). Initially, all works well.

The frustration is that as I continue to edit and match narration to clips, add fades etc, all the keyframe value disappear leaving just the default value in each. That kills the whole effect. Do I really have to edit such basic settings then never touch ANYTHING in the whole project before rendering? I must be missing (or messing up) something.

Thanks for any counsel.

/s/ John
berndmj
Registered Member
OS
Have you tried the latest version 20.08.2? 20.08 had a lot of bug fixes and refactoring.

This forum will soon be archived and you won't be able to interact with it anymore. Please use KDE Discuss instead.
bartoloni
OS
i Just tried latest build (nightly) for Windows, and i'm not losing any keyframe moving the clip on timeline.
is this happening also if you place just 1 clip on timeline ( new project ) and doing things on it? if yes can you prvide the exacly steps to reproduce?