This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

lack of experience, little sound "cracks" between clips

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
mehdisaada
Registered Member
Hi.
A work in audio video has been dumped on my shoulder, while I've done anything of the like... Well I'm trying, and so far, though the stability is horrendous, kdenlive's interface has been the only intuitive one.
The problem I have now, when joining clips with different amplitude before and after the cut, on their audio tracks, are slight "cracks !" when I render, or before for the matter.
I suppose the reason is the different in amplitude, as I can see no such loud sound on the waveform.
So the program is messing up. How do I equalize stuff ? Or "normalize" ? I have no clue how that's called, if that's possible in one go.
I could change volume with key-frames for each and every cut, but given there are often other effects, speed change in particular, it crashes 3 times over 5, so PLEASE GOD, tell me there is a simpler way.

Thanks !

specifications:

kdenlive 17.12.3
MLT version 6.6.0

AMD FX(tm)-6100 Six-Core Processor
8151MB
Distribution Linux Mint 19.1 Tessa
Kernel Linux 4.15.0-122-generic (x86_64)
Version #124-Ubuntu SMP Thu Oct 15 13:03:05 UTC 2020
C Library GNU C Library / (Ubuntu GLIBC 2.27-3ubuntu1.2) 2.27
Résolution 1680x1050 pixels
OpenGL Renderer NV137
X11 Vendor The X.Org Foundation
Adapteur Audio HDA-Intel - HDA ATI SB
Adapteur Audio HDA-Intel - HDA NVidia
berndmj
Registered Member
OS
mehdisaada wrote:kdenlive 17.12.3

I suggest you go to kdenlive version 20.08.2 and try your project again.

This forum will soon be archived and you won't be able to interact with it anymore. Please use KDE Discuss instead.
bartoloni
OS
mehdisaada wrote:kdenlive 17.12.3
MLT version 6.6.0

you are using a "vintage" release of Kdenlive like berndmj said

probably 17.x project are not valid project for 20.x better to start again the project on a 20.x release... or maybe try to save the old project using 18.x and 19.x and maybe (maybe) thsi can be read (probably with issues on timecodes and parameters) on 20.x ..