This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Kdenlive master editing?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
zolder
Registered Member

Kdenlive master editing?

Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:15 pm
Is it possible in Kdenlive to do a master editing over the full project? So i don't have to do that cut by cut?
Think about a blue filter or something like that.

Or is the option to render, and then do a new project on that render movie? Doesn't give that losses?
bartoloni
OS

Re: Kdenlive master editing?

Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:10 am
the "MASTER" effects stack is done for that. (on timeline header)
BTW i know that on some circumstances is not possible to add effects to the entire timeline (presence of starting/ending titles for example)

P.S. there is also a filled "issue" about a master effect track... https://invent.kde.org/multimedia/kdenlive/-/issues/654 but for now there only the MASTER EFFECT STACK to use.
zolder
Registered Member

Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:21 am
bartoloni wrote:the "MASTER" effects stack is done for that. (on timeline header)

Thank you.
Is this blue part below in image what you mean with timeline? (sorry, older version capture)
Can you perhaps explain shortly how to ad an effect on that? Or link is also good.

bartoloni
OS

Re: Kdenlive master editing?  Topic is solved

Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:07 pm
nope.. is this: https://linuxreviews.org/images/4/47/Kd ... ffects.jpg

if you don't have it.. you are using a 2019 release.
zolder
Registered Member

Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:48 pm
I use the 2020 release so i must have it ;D That captive was from the repository release 2016 from another computer.

Thank you. Now i know were to look. Can i simply drag the effect to that Master "button" as i drag effects to a video part?
bartoloni
OS

Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:41 am
you have to open the effect stack window clicking on MASTER button... and after that drop the effects on the stack
zolder
Registered Member

Wed Nov 11, 2020 1:24 pm
Found it. Tried it. Did it. Got it! Many thanks!!

Now i've got everything to finish my "long time big project". ;D Far finished already, and only have to film and fill-in the greenscreen shots.
To bad it's not an international oriented project but local, otherwise i would have shared it here when finished.