This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

buy which Laptop with power for kdenlive?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
egerlach
Registered Member
OS
Hi,
who has already experience with current (but not expensive) Laptops, that allow quite fast rendering with kdenlive? - I want to buy again a laptop (again Lenovo?) with intel chipset because I have normally uptime 14 days, often suspend to RAM per day and I work the whole day with the laptop (at different sites).
Not a expensive laptop, furthermore a just outdated Laptop, that I get for a good price or second hand 1-2 years old, buy at ebay. I don't need big battery, I have always current 230Volt at every site where I work.
tia
Eckard

@ I found one I think: Lenovo ThinkPad P50 Core i7-6820HQ 16GB, as second hand laptop about 500-730 Euro at ebay. 4 slots for RAM modules, 2 places for HDs (SSD and a big HD for videos, thats what I need - and others here, too, I think )
zolder
Registered Member
Can't help in general but tell about my situation. And off course it's about what your making. A simple short clip needs less than a full edited highly edited movie.

I have several computers in use, all with kdenlive, and all work well. Among them dual-core 8gb internal mem. so your i7 must be way fast enough is my thought.
The "working speed" is mostly in the internal memory, so be sure you have enough off that. At this moment i would say 8 gb or more must be enough, and 16 or 32 way better.

The easiest way is to try a live session and run kdenlive. Then you have a good indicator as a live usb session is slower then an installed one.
avakd
Registered Member
egerlach wrote:Hi,
who has already experience with current (but not expensive) Laptops, that allow quite fast rendering with kdenlive? - I want to buy again a laptop (again Lenovo?) with intel chipset because I have normally uptime 14 days, often suspend to RAM per day and I work the whole day with the laptop (at different sites).
Not a expensive laptop, furthermore a just outdated Laptop, that I get for a good price or second hand 1-2 years old, buy at ebay. I don't need big battery, I have always current 230Volt at every site where I work.
tia
Eckard

@ I found one I think: Lenovo ThinkPad P50 Core i7-6820HQ 16GB, as second hand laptop about 500-730 Euro at ebay. 4 slots for RAM modules, 2 places for HDs (SSD and a big HD for videos, thats what I need - and others here, too, I think )

Same experience here.

What about ASUS TUF F15 Core i7-11800H CPU, 16GBRAM, NVIDIA RTX 3060 GPU, 512GB SSD, and FHD display?