This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

My installation is all messed up - I need help

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
kde-christopher
Registered Member
Good morning all,

I have been using Kdenlive for about 6 months and really like it. While trying to work around a bug (related to archiving) I installed one of the nightly updates a while back, Since then I have tried to install 20.08.03 a couple of times and the software is getting messed up. I tried to do an uninstall using the windows utility then a reinstall and that seemed to make things even worse. Overall, the program functions but there are numerous little things that are not functioning correct such as:

Snap to play position marker on timeline does not work
When adding clips, the dialog box only shows the project files, not the media files (videos, audio files, image files), I have to click the X in the dialog
Operation is slow, especially when moving a group of clips on the timeline.
etc. etc. etc.

Is there a specific way to uninstall everything, and start over again? I am running on Windows 10.

Thanks for any and all help - I need to get back to stable operation again.

Chris D
berndmj
Registered Member
OS
I would also delete any folder called kdenlive in the C:\users\<user>\AppData\local and ..\Roaming folders, as well as any file kden*.* in the ..\local folder.

This forum will soon be archived and you won't be able to interact with it anymore. Please use KDE Discuss instead.
kde-christopher
Registered Member
Thanks, that got me a lot closer. I know I didn't get everything cleaned out because upon reinstall, Kdenlive remembered the "recent files". I will have to try again, I must have missed something somewhere.

Chris
kde-christopher
Registered Member
Yup, I missed something on the first attempt. Did it again and got back to what I believe is a completely fresh install and the problems I had seem to be gone!

Thanks much!
berndmj
Registered Member
OS
kde-christopher wrote:Yup, I missed something on the first attempt. Did it again and got back to what I believe is a completely fresh install and the problems I had seem to be gone!

Thanks much!

Glad it worked for you and you are back in business! ;)

This forum will soon be archived and you won't be able to interact with it anymore. Please use KDE Discuss instead.