This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Project won't load after Title Font SANS will be replaced

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
cocopopalicious
Registered Member
I'm a video editing newbie, self taught using Kdenlive since March.

Today I created a new project.
Part of the way through, my D: Data drive was not available to let me back up to it. So I backed up to my C: drive.
A little later Kdenlive crashed (Not responding.... shut down)

Now when I try to open the original or backup project, KDEnlive shows up a window telling me Title Font SANS will be replaced by MS SHell Dlg 2

If I click OK it gets stuck on loading project.

Any suggestions? I have SO much to do for other people over the next week or so and I'm worried if I open any of my other projects they will get corrupted too.
vpinon
KDE Developer
OS
Hello,
How many backups do you have ? Usually, Kdenlive autosaves the project quite often (on Windows I don't remember in which AppData subfolder it goes).
You can always edit kdenlive files with a text editor (notepad or anything else) and try changing the fonts manually.
Maybe DebugView could give you more information on what's happening...
cocopopalicious
Registered Member
Thank you for your help! :'(

I opened the file in notepad and only found one line of code mentioning font, so I changed the font to MS SHell Dlg 2

But now I get the message MS SHell Dlg 2 will be replaced by MS SHell Dlg 2, plus the original message and it still hangs.

I located the backups but the only one that opens is the very first save before I did any substantial work. :(

I also created a new project and added a title click using the original font (Javanese Text) and it saves and reopens with no problems!