This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Title templates in Windows 10

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
juangg
Registered Member

Title templates in Windows 10

Sat Dec 19, 2020 9:31 pm
Hello!
I'm trying to create my first project in Kdenlive. I want to add a title clip and I've downloaded some templates through the donwload template button. The problem is that I can't use those titles. They have been downloaded into the folder c:\users|myuser\appdata\local\kdenlive\titles but I can't access them through the drop-down menu in the title window.
I've had to manually move them to the folder C:\Users\myuser\AppData\Roaming\kdenlive\titles
Is it a bug?
Thanks.
atabek
Registered Member

Re: Title templates in Windows 10

Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:40 pm
I think it is a bug; since the original pre-installed titles are in C:\Program Files\kdenlive\bin\data\kdenlive\titles directory. Furthermore, it is not possible to save the text on to the installed template (not to the project) even if I coppied the appdata\local\kdenlive\titles files to C:\Program Files\kdenlive\bin\data\kdenlive\titles directory. I wish this issue will be reseolved soon.
bartoloni
OS

Sun Jan 31, 2021 8:55 pm
just opened an issue about this bug, thank you! https://invent.kde.org/multimedia/kdenlive/-/issues/930
sourcream
Registered Member

Sun Oct 16, 2022 11:13 pm
You can use proxy clips that allow you to create a video and try it in the editor using lower resolution video, but the final version uses the full video format. Other ways to solve the problem I don`t know yet... Try to use other templates, such as Okslides I used them many times and everything worked for me. Actually it's a little strange that you have some slow features, I use the program for a year and almost everything that my modest imagination would like to see in the edited video is possible to implement, and often there`re several ways to do it. On my eight-year-old computer with an office graphics card, KdenLive runs briskly, I have only creative delays, but not technical=)