This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
lasset
Registered Member

Wed Dec 23, 2020 4:57 pm
Hi

Kinda new to this and i have questions??
it might be dumb, it might be easy, but i have spent like 1 hour trying to find out how and why. Never got there, but found some cool effects i used instead.
The why and how still bugs me, so here goes.............. xD
I want to make wipe linear_y transition / composition, while makeing the video disolve. ???

Here is a pic of me trying to illustrate what i wan's i kdenlive (Dropbox):
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6ampjddv90zu04t/Red%20and%20blue%20test%201%2C1.jpg?dl=0

Video (Dropbox):
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3e2qjiz5ch5ia60/Red%20and%20blue%20test.mp4?dl=0

So how to get the "double" transition?
and why isn't it working by dragging 2 transitions on top of each other?
bartoloni
OS

Re: Newbie

Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:09 am
Sorry can't understand what you want to do.
berndmj
Registered Member
OS

Thu Dec 24, 2020 6:38 pm
lasset wrote:So how to get the "double" transition?

Not sure I understood what you are trying to achieve but I interpret it that way: (A) You want the red video to come in from the top wiping out the blue video and then the red to dissolve to black. Or (B) you want the red video come in from the top wiping out the blue video but not with a straight line but with a dissolve, like covering it slightly at the beginning and then stronger towards the end.
You may need different techniques to achieve that (if possible at all). Let me know and I might find some time to play around with it.

This forum will soon be archived and you won't be able to interact with it anymore. Please use KDE Discuss instead.
lasset
Registered Member

Fri Dec 25, 2020 3:51 pm
Thx for the answers.
(Between two clips i wanted to use the slide transition and also the dissolve transition, stacking them. Tried to illustrate that in my pic.)
I can hear that stacking transitions, so that you get mulitple transition at the same time is me not understanding something basic about editing.
Don't wast anymore time on this.
I used blur square effect, keyframeable, to got some kind aof "double" transition.