This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Chyron

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
mitcheinhorn
Registered Member

Chyron

Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:14 pm
Is it possible to add a Chyron to a video?
berndmj
Registered Member
OS

Re: Chyron

Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:53 pm
mitcheinhorn wrote:Is it possible to add a Chyron to a video?

Assuming you mean some sort of a watermark or logo that is visible throughout the entire vide: yes. Generate a title clip with the logo (or whatever you want to use for chyron or watermark), move it to the timeline as the top track and stretch it out as far as you want, adjust the blend/Opacity and there you go.
Hope this helps

This forum will soon be archived and you won't be able to interact with it anymore. Please use KDE Discuss instead.
mitcheinhorn
Registered Member

Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:22 am
No, it is not a watermark. Have ever watched the news on TV or CNN, at the bottom of the screen there is new headlines scrolling across the bottom of the screen, this is called a chyron.

I would like to know if this is possible with Kdenlive.
berndmj
Registered Member
OS

Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:21 pm
Ok, got it. Sorry, not a native speaker and not watching TV that much. I know that functionality under the term "ticker", though :-)
I think it is doable but not with out-of-the-box functionality. Perhaps an image with the text that can be composited and then keyframed across the main frame. Maybe the titler tool can create a text box spanning across multiple screens and then animated to crawl across the screen.

This forum will soon be archived and you won't be able to interact with it anymore. Please use KDE Discuss instead.