This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Motion Tracker Effect MIssing

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
baqwas
Registered Member

Motion Tracker Effect MIssing

Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:24 pm
Hello,

I'm not very knowledgeable about Kdenlive default features. I've done some nominal search (at forum and web) on identifying a navigation drill-down to selecting Motion Tracker that I've seen in some YouTube videos in recent past (and a year+ back). These examples select Motion Tracker from the Effects pane. Unfortunately, I don't have a similar selection in my installation of Kdenlive (v20.12.1 under Ubuntu 20.10).

When I run a search in Kdenlive in the Effects pane using the keyword "motion" the only result I can view is Image Adjustment -> Motion compensation deinterlacer.

I used the official Kdenlive ppa to upgrade from 20.08 where too I didn't have the Motion Tracker feature. My simplistic thought was that upgrading would help me to make progress towards my goal to use motion tracking for my projects. Given my limited knowledge of Kdenlive I have not done any customization with my Kdenlive installation. Please let me know how I can add Motion Tracker to my Kdenlive installation under Ubuntu. Thanks.

Kind regards.
berndmj
Registered Member
OS

Re: Motion Tracker Effect MIssing

Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:53 pm
IIRC, you need to use the "Auto Mask" effect and then use the tracking data to apply to other effects (e.g. transform)

This forum will soon be archived and you won't be able to interact with it anymore. Please use KDE Discuss instead.
bartoloni
OS
i'm using latest build for Windows and the motion tracker is present..
can you try the Appimage? ( https://binary-factory.kde.org/job/Kden ... 4.appimage )

baqwas
Registered Member

Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:11 pm
Thanks, @bartoloni, for the quick response and, more importantly, the reassurance about the feature. I'm not knowledgeable enough and relied on PPA (well aware of the challenges in getting updates/upgrades with this approach). I'll settle for your Appimage sugestion to upgrade my deployment.

Kind regards.

P.S.
FWIW, in Effects under Alpha, Mask and Keying, I don't have Motion Tracker and I don't have Image adjustment at all. No worries now that you've shown me the right approach.
baqwas
Registered Member

Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:14 pm
Hello @berdmj!

Thanks for the suggestion that is precisely what I intend to do after getting the Appimage installed.

Kind regards.
gmotolese
Registered Member

Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:32 pm
Same problem...:( I don't understand if problem is version or problem with opencv, mlt... :(
baqwas
Registered Member

Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:06 pm
gmotolese wrote:Same problem...:( I don't understand if problem is version or problem with opencv, mlt... :(

My newbie observation is that the Ubuntu official repository is uncharacteristically not in sync. Most of the YouTube videos that I have viewed to learn more about using Motion Tracking are not using either of the last three official Ubuntu releases (some videos pre-date these releases, naturally). For some other packages, the response in the corresponding forum has been that community packages are not rolled into non-Long Term releases readily.

Slightly, off-topic but in a similar vein: I have to install Arduino manually because the version under Ubuntu release has always been hopelessly out of date in recent memory. Volunteers needed for the QA. Thanks to @berdmj, my problem is solved.

Kind regards.
gmotolese
Registered Member

Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:26 pm
I Have solution...
The problem is in last version of openCV... With opncv 4.5.0.3 no problem

https://archive.archlinux.org/packages/ ... kg.tar.zst