This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

vid.stab effect removed in 20.12.1?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
hellatightjeans
Registered Member

vid.stab effect removed in 20.12.1?

Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:51 pm
I had a pretty good workflow going where I could add stabilization as an effect to a clip, but 20.12.1 doesn't seem to have that effect anymore.

I realize I can right-click on a clip->Clip Jobs->Stabilize, but that's not as versatile, creates extra files in my project folder, and has crashed a couple times, unlike the effect.

I'm assuming people who know better about such things had a good reason for removing this effect, but is there something I'm missing? Is there a better way to do this? Is there a way to add that effect back as a plug-in or some such?
vpinon
KDE Developer
OS
Windows ? Linux ? AppImage / flatpak / PPA / distro package?

Some effects have been blacklisted because of instability, maybe this one fell into the trap? (for now, to make blacklist changes one need to recompile...)
berndmj
Registered Member
OS
Did you try the VR360 Stabilize effect?

This forum will soon be archived and you won't be able to interact with it anymore. Please use KDE Discuss instead.
hellatightjeans
Registered Member
vpinon wrote:Windows ? Linux ? AppImage / flatpak / PPA / distro package?

Sorry, on Kubuntu 20.04, Kdenlive installed from distro repos.

vpinon wrote:Some effects have been blacklisted because of instability, maybe this one fell into the trap? (for now, to make blacklist changes one need to recompile...)

How may I find out for sure?
hellatightjeans
Registered Member
berndmj wrote:Did you try the VR360 Stabilize effect?

Googling "VR360 Stabilize" linux didn't give me any info. How do I install this effect?
berndmj
Registered Member
OS
hellatightjeans wrote:Googling "VR360 Stabilize" linux didn't give me any info. How do I install this effect?

No need to install: it is an effect already available - just search for "vr" in the effects search field. However, it was designed for 360 (degree) footage. Still worth a try.

This forum will soon be archived and you won't be able to interact with it anymore. Please use KDE Discuss instead.
hellatightjeans
Registered Member
berndmj wrote:
hellatightjeans wrote:Googling "VR360 Stabilize" linux didn't give me any info. How do I install this effect?

No need to install: it is an effect already available - just search for "vr" in the effects search field. However, it was designed for 360 (degree) footage. Still worth a try.

I'm running kdenlive 20.12.2 and "vr" brings up nothing.

Thanks though. I have another workflow going that suffices for now though it's not as good as the old one.
funix
Registered Member
OS
I'm running kdenlive 20.12.2 (linux, compiled from source) and vid.stab is still here and working

FUNIX - https://www.funix.org
Mettez un manchot dans votre PC
Blog - https://olivier.hoarau.org