This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Cannot find stabilize - KDE 20.04 on Ubuntu 18.04

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
temporal
Registered Member
First, hi from Spain, please excuse my English, I'm trying my best.

Second, I cannot find the stabilize clip option I used to find in older versions of KDE under the clip menu > clip jobs. I've read something about in recent versions it was in the effects menu, but again I find nothing there. I've been googling for solutions but in Spanish there's not much help, in English I find mostly questions, the spanish manual is really poor and I can't find any solution anywhere. So, any explanation and/or help would be great.

And I have to warn you: I'm pretty much ignorant about repositories, codecs, plugins and whatever that is, so if you could give me something like "go to the terminal and run 'blablabla'", that would be heaven.

Thank you so much.
bartoloni
OS
hi :) for now the stabilize/deshake effects are blacklisted... the only way to "stabilize" a clip is to use the CLIP JOBS -- > Stabilise that generate a new stabilized clip.
temporal
Registered Member
bartoloni wrote:hi :) for now the stabilize/deshake effects are blacklisted... the only way to "stabilize" a clip is to use the CLIP JOBS -- > Stabilise that generate a new stabilized clip.

And like I said and don't know why, I don't have that option in "clip jobs".
bartoloni
OS
you have to switch to a much more recent release of kdenlive (20.08-20.12) ... and already i know that recent appimages (probably) are not working fine on ubuntu 18.x .. but you can try: https://files.kde.org/kdenlive/release/ ... 4.appimage
temporal
Registered Member
bartoloni wrote:you have to switch to a much more recent release of kdenlive (20.12) ... and already i know that 2020/2021 appimages (probably) are not working on ubuntu 18.x

Holy f*****g s**t, upgrade Ubuntu and all the stuff just to get the stabilize function? There must be another option. God, please, there MUST be.