This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Extract Timeline Zone stopped working

Tags: bug bug bug
(comma "," separated)
funpro
Registered Member
Hi :) I was very happy the other day when I discovered the Extract Timeline Zone feature. I used it to edit a tutorial removing all the mistakes.

Today when I try to use the same feature to edit the next episode it's not working correctly:

- I set the in and out points in the timeline
- Press Shift+X
- The segment is only removed from the sound but not from the video track.

That leads to a very weird state in which my audio+video tracks are still linked, but are shifted!
So they audio and video components are still connected, they move together, but they do not start at the same time nor they end at the same time.

Code: Select all
Imagine this is the timeline, trying to delete the segment "inal vi"

(original video)(aaaaa)(bbbb)
    (original audio)(aaaaa)(bbbb)

leads to

(original video)(aaaaa)(bbbb)
    (origdio)(aaaaa)(bbbb)

and aaaaa video is still connected to its corresponding audio, same with bbbb

I just downloaded the last appimage 20.12.2 but it behaves the same way.

Is this a known issue? I saved a copy of the project in case it helps. It's half hour of material...
Merlimau
Registered Member
Working with shortcuts in the timeline is different than working with mouse and icons. You have to make the track active on which and action should happen. See here: https://userbase.kde.org/Kdenlive/Manua ... nt_editing
larsend
Registered Member
I used Shift+X to remove one video clip from a project, but only the clips on the active track moved to the left, not the clips from the other tracks. This also lead to transitions from one track to the other not being in sync anymore. I would have to manually fix that. Instead it was easier to delete the clip from the timeline and use the spacer tool to delete the resulting gap.

I guess this is supposed to work this way, but don't see the benefit of it. Could you please elaborate on this?
And is there a way to extract a clip and automatically moving all the other tracks?
Merlimau
Registered Member
Yes, the spacer tool is the only way to do that at the moment. With advanced trimming, ripple/delete should come which is doing what you want.