This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

What Windows Versions Can Kdenlive Be Installed On?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
nadav
Registered Member
Hi all

I downloaded Kdenlive Standalone, for Windows,
and I am successfully using it on Windows 10 Home 64bit.

I also have another computer, which is Windows XP Pro SP3, 32bit.
Can Kdenlive Standalone run well on Windows XP SP3 32bit?

I tried searching Google for Kdenlive System Reuirements,
but unfortunately did not find a webpage that says which Windows versions it should work on, and which not..

Thank you for your help
bartoloni
OS
Right now on a Windows computer the most stable version works on Windows 10 64... also can run on Windows 8.1 / 8 and Windows 7 (but is necessary the Universal Visual C Runtime .. or all the updates) all OSs needs to be 64 bit.
nadav
Registered Member
Hi bartoloni

Thank you very much for your answer.

bartoloni wrote:Right now on a Windows computer the most stable version works on Windows 10 64...

I see.

Maybe If I download an older version of Kdenlive, then it would work on Windows XP Pro SP3, 32bit?
I assume that in the past, there was a version that included Windows XP in its supported OSes list?
nadav
Registered Member
I hope someone knows..
I would really like to use Kdenlive on both of my computers, if the XP one is an option too..
bartoloni
OS
nadav wrote:Maybe If I download an older version of Kdenlive, then it would work on Windows XP Pro SP3, 32bit?
I assume that in the past, there was a version that included Windows XP in its supported OSes list?

Older? the first release of Kdenlive for Windows is just 4 or 5 years old. (and was tested on Windows 10 64 from first day when released as "unstable" package)
nadav
Registered Member
Oh..
I see..
So no chance for that..

OK thank you for this. Will stay only with Kdenlive on Windows 10.