This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Slideshow pictures change size briefly

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
applepie
Registered Member
Hi,

I have put together some slide-shows and the setup is hidef 1080p 24fps which is then rendered to mpeg2 and the issue I find is as follows, there are two pictures that are placed on either side of the screen and in the centre of the screen a slide-show of a set of other pictures. For some reason some of the slide-show pictures go on the screen with a size and dimension that is not proper, they seem a bit stretched from left to right but they do quickly shrink back to the proper shape. Is this a bug or something that I can fix? Thanks in advance.
berndmj
Registered Member
OS
Any effects applied to the pictures in question? Might be worth checking whether there are some leftovers causing the issue.

This forum will soon be archived and you won't be able to interact with it anymore. Please use KDE Discuss instead.
applepie
Registered Member
berndmj wrote:Any effects applied to the pictures in question? Might be worth checking whether there are some leftovers causing the issue.

No special effects, only thing I have used is crop scale tilt for the purpose of putting the two side images at either side of the screen, the centre images are straight forward picture sequence.
berndmj
Registered Member
OS
applepie wrote:No special effects, only thing I have used is crop scale tilt for the purpose of putting the two side images at either side of the screen, the centre images are straight forward picture sequence.

Can you check whether the effects have keyframes? If so, perhaps there are leftover keyframes or some that have the wrong parameters (e.g. different size at the beginning than what they should have or do have in subsequent (key)frames).
Just trying to eliminate a few things before calling it a bug ...

This forum will soon be archived and you won't be able to interact with it anymore. Please use KDE Discuss instead.
applepie
Registered Member
berndmj wrote:
applepie wrote:No special effects, only thing I have used is crop scale tilt for the purpose of putting the two side images at either side of the screen, the centre images are straight forward picture sequence.

Can you check whether the effects have keyframes? If so, perhaps there are leftover keyframes or some that have the wrong parameters (e.g. different size at the beginning than what they should have or do have in subsequent (key)frames).
Just trying to eliminate a few things before calling it a bug ...

What is a keyframe? The only effect I have used is crop scale and tilt. I don't recall seeing the word keyframe. The only options are to do things like resize the picture, crop top bottom left right, tilt it, this is literally a basic setup of two pictures, one either side of the screen and then in the middle a sequence of still pictures.
jabeavers
Registered Member
OS
I had the same problem. A workaround that I found was to turn off Parallel Processing in the render dialog, which fixed the images resizing during the transition.

I'm on Linux with Kdenlive 20.08.0
berndmj
Registered Member
OS
jabeavers wrote:I had the same problem. A workaround that I found was to turn off Parallel Processing in the render dialog, which fixed the images resizing during the transition.

See also this post about parallel processing: https://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?f=265&t=171515#p446405

bigboss97
Registered Member
I had problem in title clip:
https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=435206

_=__=__=__=__=__=__=__=__=__=_
http://youtube.com/bigboss97
jabeavers
Registered Member
OS
berndmj wrote:
jabeavers wrote:I had the same problem. A workaround that I found was to turn off Parallel Processing in the render dialog, which fixed the images resizing during the transition.

See also this post about parallel processing: https://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?f=265&t=171515#p446405

Thanks. That's my post, though.
:D
berndmj
Registered Member
OS
LOL