This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

AppImage 20.12.3 doesn't work

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
hgdrn
Registered Member
OS

AppImage 20.12.3 doesn't work

Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:05 pm
Just downloaded the AppImage 20.12.3, but when started using Ubuntu 18.04. the monitor shows black&green stripes, and Kdenlive couldn't open a MOV file. I guess the first messages "aren't good":

Code: Select all
$ ./kdenlive-20.12.3-x86_64.appimage
mlt_repository_init: failed to dlopen /tmp/.mount_kdenlisksjoj/usr/lib/mlt//libmltavformat.so
  (/tmp/.mount_kdenlisksjoj/usr/lib/libass.so.9: undefined symbol: fribidi_get_bracket_types)

I will continue using the AppImage 20.12.2 that runs perfectly.

Edit: @mods: Please move post to "Installation", sorry.
Merlimau
Registered Member

Re: AppImage 20.12.3 doesn't work

Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:22 am
I think you have to upgrade to Ubuntu 20.04. Or try with deleting kdenlive-appimagerc. See here: https://community.kde.org/Kdenlive/Configuration.
hgdrn
Registered Member
OS

Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:41 pm
I deleted kdenlive-appimagerc and the sub-folder kdenlive-appimage, but that makes no difference.

I'm not sure if an upgrade to 20.04 will solve the problem. To my mind this looks more like there's something missing here that cannot be loaded from the tmp folder:

Code: Select all
$ ./kdenlive-20.12.3-x86_64.appimage
mlt_repository_init: failed to dlopen /tmp/.mount_kdenliByvqHV/usr/lib/mlt//libmltavformat.so
  (/tmp/.mount_kdenliByvqHV/usr/lib/libass.so.9: undefined symbol: fribidi_get_bracket_types)

The GUI then shows "Startup error or warning: Missing MLT module: avformat (FFmpeg) required for audio/video"
jbm

Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:41 am
Sorry for that, I am preparing an updated 20.12.3 Appimage with a fix, should be ready later today, also including a fix for translations
hgdrn
Registered Member
OS

Fri Mar 12, 2021 6:09 pm
hgdrn wrote:I'm not sure if an upgrade to 20.04 will solve the problem.

Self reply: dist upgrade to 20.04 seems to have solved the problem, the AppImage works there without "green stripes" and the import of a MOV worked.