This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Application opening window size and location

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
grantsvoice
Registered Member
OS
Hi all, (Edited for clarity)
I've been using KDenLive (KDL) for several weeks and have at least one HUGE frustration.
(Windows 10: dual screen monitors from laptop, so one screen is laptop main duplicate).

I ALWAYS use KDL on my left screen (Laptop main), maximized just to fill the screen. I spend a minute or so resizing my various internal panes to "my" size. I work on the project, then close the program.

Next time I open KDL it opens on the screen it wants to and in a tiny window. Soooo I have to move to the left screen, maximize, etc. I feel I'm starting over each time.

What setting am I missing to open it (like all my other programs) where it opened before and the same size AND holding the pane location/sizes I had before?

I've searched the forum for this, but seem to be missing this. Surely if this is an issue it's somewhere else?
Thanks!!

Last edited by grantsvoice on Sun Mar 21, 2021 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mamarok
Manager
OS
What is KDL?

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
grantsvoice
Registered Member
OS
KDL: KDenLive. Sorry. thought that would be assumed. My bad!! o)

Is there a better abreviation?
Mamarok
Manager
OS
I don't know, but I moved your post to the Kdenlive sub-forum where it belongs, they are better at answering this.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
grantsvoice
Registered Member
OS
Thank you, but I cannot find it. Do you have a link, or will I get a new one?
Mamarok
Manager
OS
You are in it :-) It is located in the Section KDE Software -> Graphics & Multimedia -> Kdenlive

grantsvoice
Registered Member
OS
Found it!! (Be nice if there were breadcrumbs for us nubes!!

Thanks
berndmj
Registered Member
OS
There is an open feature request/bug fix kdenlive developers are working on that addresses the topic of remembering window size and position.

This forum will soon be archived and you won't be able to interact with it anymore. Please use KDE Discuss instead.
grantsvoice
Registered Member
OS
Thank you!
Good to know I didn't just miss something!
G