This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Pan and Zoom, please help.

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
igotrejected
Registered Member

Pan and Zoom, please help.

Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:52 pm
Alright, so I am trying to zoom in on a video. I have watched many tutorial videos for it, but whenever I drag and drop the Transform or the Position and Zoom effect, I do not get the window that contains the values like Width, Height and Size. This window specifically: Image I would greatly appreciate any help for this. I am on Ubuntu 18.04, Kdenlive 20.04
bartoloni
OS

Re: Pan and Zoom, please help.

Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:14 am
Lot of effects (and compositions) are using a red rectangle on the project monitor to made x-y adjustment (not sliders)
the "zoom pan" uses sliders but sincerely never used for this kind of job.
Arkengheist
Registered Member
OS

Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:56 am
What do you mean by "i don't get the window"? Do you have the Effects/Composition tab open somewhere? When you add the transform effect to your clip, it should appear in that tab
berndmj
Registered Member
OS

Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:39 pm
igotrejected wrote:I am on Ubuntu 18.04, Kdenlive 20.04

Also check the latest version (20.12.3), if necessary use the appimage.

This forum will soon be archived and you won't be able to interact with it anymore. Please use KDE Discuss instead.
igotrejected
Registered Member

Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:09 pm
bartoloni wrote:Lot of effects (and compositions) are using a red rectangle on the project monitor to made x-y adjustment (not sliders)
the "zoom pan" uses sliders but sincerely never used for this kind of job.

I know the red box is there but I cannot control how much I zoom in, and whilst I can zoom in, I can only go to a specific amount with the red box.
igotrejected
Registered Member

Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:10 pm
Arkengheist wrote:What do you mean by "i don't get the window"? Do you have the Effects/Composition tab open somewhere? When you add the transform effect to your clip, it should appear in that tab

The window with all those options doesn't show up in the spot it should, I don't see it anywhere at all!
berndmj
Registered Member
OS

Re: Pan and Zoom, please help.  Topic is solved

Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:20 pm
igotrejected wrote:
Arkengheist wrote:What do you mean by "i don't get the window"? Do you have the Effects/Composition tab open somewhere? When you add the transform effect to your clip, it should appear in that tab

The window with all those options doesn't show up in the spot it should, I don't see it anywhere at all!

Check in the menu View whether there is a checkmark next to Effect/Composition stack. Maybe by accident the window/docklet was closed ...

This forum will soon be archived and you won't be able to interact with it anymore. Please use KDE Discuss instead.
igotrejected
Registered Member

Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:33 pm
berndmj wrote:
igotrejected wrote:

Check in the menu View whether there is a checkmark next to Effect/Composition stack. Maybe by accident the window/docklet was closed ...

Thank you so much! I can finally see the window. :)