This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

cut videos

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
jessicajones
Registered Member

cut videos

Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:46 am
Hi

I'm a total beginner with kdenlive.
I use it on windows.

I want to cut out a part of an existing video file on my computer.
Can somebody explain me the easiest way to do this?
berndmj
Registered Member
OS

Re: cut videos

Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:28 pm
jessicajones wrote:I want to cut out a part of an existing video file on my computer.
Can somebody explain me the easiest way to do this?

Open kdenlive, add the video file to the Project Bin, from there add it to the timeline (drag and drop), move the playhead (the vertical line with the inverted triangle in the timeline) to the beginning of the part you want to cut out, press Shift+R to make a cut, then move the playhead to the end of the part you want to cut and press Shift+R again. Give the part between the two cuts a click and hit Delete. This removes the part but leaves a space. Either drag the clip to the right to close the gap or right-click anywhere in the space and select "Remove space". Repeat this for all parts you want to cut out. Once done click on menu Project > Render (or hit Ctrl+Return), enter the location and name for the video (output file), select the format and hit the "Render to File" button.
Hope this helps ...

This forum will soon be archived and you won't be able to interact with it anymore. Please use KDE Discuss instead.