This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Cursor changing effects levels.

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
hrtvsh
Registered Member

Cursor changing effects levels.

Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:37 pm
This has just occurred (half an hour ago) in an edit session. The screen cursor when moved over the Rotation bar in the Transform dialogue box in the effect stack is changing the setting to the point at which it moves over the bar. This is also happening in the Volume dialogue box with the Gain bar. Cannot track any particular change that may have started this. Have removed Kdenlive and re-loaded from the software manager. No change. Don't know where to go with this as it is making editing all but impossible. One cursor move and my settings change.

Not encountered this before and editing two videos a week.

Appreciate any indication of a solution.

Kdenlive 20.12.3 org.kde.kdenlive Flathub Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon
Frostie
Registered Member

Re: Cursor changing effects levels.

Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:28 pm
I experience the same behaviour. Moving the cursor over any bar of e.g. an effect instantly changes its setting.
Like you I am using Kdenlive 20.12.3 Flatpak on Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon.

I also tested the AppImage, which does not show this behaviour. But sad to say, the AppImages keeps crashing/closing itself when moving the field of a rotoskope effect.

Hopefully anyone can give a hint how to solve this.

Edit:
Just tested the 20.12.3 PPA on Mint 20.1 in a VM. This version does also not show the mentioned behaviour.
hrtvsh
Registered Member

Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:36 pm
Thanks Frostie, appreciate your input. just a shame that there is not anyone with knowledge about how to resolve the issue.
bartoloni
OS

Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:29 am
hrtvsh wrote:Thanks Frostie, appreciate your input. just a shame that there is not anyone with knowledge about how to resolve the issue.

best way is open an issue with maybe a video about this.. or at least some pictures :)
https://invent.kde.org/multimedia/kdenlive/-/issues
hrtvsh
Registered Member

Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:42 am
Thanks Bartoloni, have now created the issue with video example.