This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

What is the little blue line above the timeline called?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
howtokdenlive
Registered Member
hello, i'm trying to find out what this thing is called, https://youtu.be/Js5yHEjrNog?list=PLqaz ... rBvE&t=411
it's the little blue line above the timeline, is there a name for it? what does it do? thank you.
bartoloni
OS
is necessary to define the "ZONE RENDERING" (selected zone) on the rendering dialog.
howtokdenlive
Registered Member
bartoloni wrote:is necessary to define the "ZONE RENDERING" (selected zone) on the rendering dialog.

ok, interesting, i now know what it does, but what is it called?
kryxkave
Registered Member
OS
howtokdenlive wrote:ok, interesting, i now know what it does, but what is it called?

well.. "selected zone" (like it's written in the rendering project settings when you're rendering your video) I suppose.
howtokdenlive
Registered Member
kryxkave wrote:
howtokdenlive wrote:ok, interesting, i now know what it does, but what is it called?

well.. "selected zone" (like it's written in the rendering project settings when you're rendering your video) I suppose.

oh ok thank you
sredna
Registered Member
OS
The zone. "I" for setting inpoint, "O" for setting outpoint, which defines it.
You can "Shift + X" to extract it from the timeline (like delete content and remove the empty space), or "Z" to lift it, like deleting contents but leave the space, "Shift + Ret" will play the zone, "Ctrl + Shift + Ret" will play it looping. "Shift + I" will move the playhead to the inpoint, "Shift + O" to the outpoint. When rendering, you can choose between "full project" and "selected zone", where the latter is the zone.
You can enable "using the Timeline Zone for insert" by pressing the leftmost button on the timeline toolbar, then press "V" (insert) or "B" (overwrite) to fill the zone with content of the current clip (in the clip monitor) from the clip inpoint. Don't forget to disable the "use the Timeline Zone" thingy again when done.