This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Problem with "Auto Mask" and second video track

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
kdenliveuserf
Registered Member
Hello Folks!
I am new here and it was a pain in the butt to register.
I only have one problem that I like to be acknowledged.
Like mentioned in the title I have a problem with the effect "Auto Mask" and the second (third, fourth, ...) video track.

I do as follows:
I drag a video in the video time line V1, then I drag a video in the video time line V2.
I add "composite" between the two. I make the video in V2 smaller in size and put it in the lower right corner.
Now I have a picture in picture video. Until here everything is fine.
Now I want to blur some faces in V1, I add auto mask. from here everything goes wrong.
The moment I add the auto mask to V1, the video in V2 gets tiny and pushed to the left upper corner.
Is there a way to avoid this?

The problem does not appear with "obscure" or any other effect. Only with auto mask.
If somebody knows the solution to this problem, thank you in advance.
bartoloni
OS
for what i know is not possible to used 2 automask at the same time.. but this is not the case... also from years now the "compositions" are resizing and moving clipsmaking the "RED" squared areas UNUSABLE on a lot of effects ( the red areas are not considering the "composition" applied...) also the AUTO-MASK effect soffer by a lot of issues... and on last year the "motion tracker" was the solution to use multiple "trackers" to BLUR faces.

the only thing i can suggest is to try to replace the composition with a TRANSFORM effect... and watch what happens... also if possible replace the auto-mask with the motion tracker (to blur faces).

BTW i tried to replicate your issues.. but the secondary clip (the reduced one) seems not affected by the auto-mask (but the auto-mask is stopping the tracking when there is a 2nd clip on the same screen... and this is another old bug)