This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Text background issues.

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
familier
Registered Member

Text background issues.

Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:19 am
There's this tab called the background tab. Now when you click on it, you can customize how you can make the background. I don't want colors. What I do want is the video. I want to see the video while adding text to make things easier. I click on show background. Then it shows the colors instead of the video. Which I certainly don't want. What is going on? I am new to kdenlive so this is very confusing.
familier
Registered Member

ok

Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:43 am
ok

Last edited by familier on Sun Apr 25, 2021 4:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
familier
Registered Member

ok

Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:38 am
ok

Last edited by familier on Sun Apr 25, 2021 5:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
berndmj
Registered Member
OS

Re: Text background issues.  Topic is solved

Sun Apr 25, 2021 1:28 am
familier wrote:PLS ANSWER

Screaming does not get you direct answers.

A quick search in the forum would have shown several threads:

Hope they help. Next time please be more specific and provide info about OS and version you are using.

This forum will soon be archived and you won't be able to interact with it anymore. Please use KDE Discuss instead.
familier
Registered Member

Thanks!

Sun Apr 25, 2021 4:43 am
The screaming was for a joke and also part of it being the forum of KDE looking a bit old. I am new. Thanks for the response! I will try it. The OS I am using is windows, and the version for kdenlive being 20.12.3 standalone. And I did research a bit before and couldn't find anything related. These threads look like it might work.
familier
Registered Member

It worked! How:

Sun Apr 25, 2021 4:58 am
Why am I saying this is cause I don't wanna search as much as I did. So to the people who are going to see this post, here's how you do it:
Go to settings on the top side of the kdenlive window. Hover over the "OpenGL backend" and choose "Auto". IF Auto doesn't work for you, do the same steps but choose something else. You can choose OpenGL, you can choose OpenGL(software) idk what's the difference between both but just try. Try DirectX(Angle), if it wasn't the default. Do some researching too, some people got their kdenlive broken by doing these steps(idk how but my computer worked fine without nvidia or linux). So yeah, that's all it takes.