This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

KDEnlive full screen stutters since 21.04.00

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
karlfee
Registered Member
OS
I'm on Linux (x86_64) release 5.9.16-1-MANJARO and after the update to KDEnlive 21.04.00 the preview stutters as soon as I change the preview monitor to full screen. As far as I am aware this was not the case for KDEnlive 21.12.03

The fps in the right corner continues to show 25.00 but the preview flips forward maybe once per second.

Has anybody any ideas what I can do to have a smooth preview in the full screen monitor?

Thanks!
karlfee
Registered Member
OS
karlfee wrote:I'm on Linux (x86_64) release 5.9.16-1-MANJARO and after the update to KDEnlive 21.04.00 the preview stutters as soon as I change the preview monitor to full screen. As far as I am aware this was not the case for KDEnlive 20.12.03

The fps in the right corner continues to show 25.00 but the preview flips forward maybe once per second.

Has anybody any ideas what I can do to have a smooth preview in the full screen monitor?

Thanks!

Mm... strange... went back to 20.12.3 and have the stuttering there now as well. So I guess the problem is caused by another updated software, codec etc...
vpinon
KDE Developer
OS
Try to reset your config (~/.config/kdenliverc*) before re-launching 20.12.
Maybe something in the graphics stack changed? (GPU driver, X11/Wayland...)
karlfee
Registered Member
OS
vpinon wrote:Try to reset your config (~/.config/kdenliverc*) before re-launching 20.12.
Maybe something in the graphics stack changed? (GPU driver, X11/Wayland...)

Great idea, thanks for that!
I did it but, the problem still persists. Switching the project monitor to fullscreen makes it display the project only with 1 frame per second (approximately), no matter how low the resolution is.
karlfee
Registered Member
OS
karlfee wrote:I'm on Linux (x86_64) release 5.9.16-1-MANJARO and after the update to KDEnlive 21.04.00 the preview stutters as soon as I change the preview monitor to full screen. As far as I am aware this was not the case for KDEnlive 21.12.03

Thanks!

Mmm...strange: I connected a 2nd monitor to my laptop now and the preview plays fluent now. Even when KDEnlive runs only on one (the internal) monitor...