This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Extremely weird clip length changing issue

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
kde-hendrix
Registered Member
Hey all, using 21.04.00, noticed it hasn't fixed an issue that was present in the previous version.

The issue is I sometimes cannot extend the length of a clip, only shorten it. The issue is under a very specific circumstance,

If the clip is JUST BEFORE another pair of clips on the same track THAT HAS THE PURPLE WIPE transition between them, it MAY prevent the preceding clip from lengthening by dragging the edges. You can only shorten it.

As soon as I delete that transition on the two clips, it will free up that preceding clip, allowing me to lengthen and shorten it as I drag the edges.

I hope that explanation made sense. If anyone can replicate it I will know I'm not insane.
bartoloni
OS
can you provide a a video on now to reproduce ?
bigboss97
Registered Member
Speaking of clip length, I encountered one issue (v21.04 Windows 10)...
I had volume keyable effect on audio. After I shortened the clip, when I clicked on next keyframe in effect panel I was expecting the cursor in timeline to jump to the end of the clip. But instead, it jumped to the end position before the clip was shortened. Annoyingly, I was able to reproduce at the time. My work around was re-open the project.

Unfortunately, I can't re-produce it at the moment. I'll be back >:D

_=__=__=__=__=__=__=__=__=__=_
http://youtube.com/bigboss97
kde-hendrix
Registered Member
bartoloni wrote:can you provide a a video on now to reproduce ?

Hey there, I will try to reproduce it. I've found that it only happens on timelines with several clips and edits and transitions places throughout. I'll need to experiment some more to get the right circumstances for when the issue will trigger.