This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Library only for single project

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
karlfee
Registered Member
OS

Library only for single project

Tue May 04, 2021 11:56 am
When working i cut scenes to 20 something clips, which I than sort and watch on the right side of the timeline. From there I drag them in the proper order to the left side of the timeline where I arrange them. Is there another way to order, preview and drag clips from to the timeline? Something like the library but with a thumbnail preview and which is loaded not for all projects but only for the specific one?

Thanks for any ideas!
bigboss97
Registered Member

Re: Library only for single project

Tue May 04, 2021 12:45 pm
My understanding, you have one single long clip and have the pieces in timeline. What you can do:
1) Adjust first clip in the timeline, then right clip on that clip and select "Save Timeline Zone to Bin". That piece (zone) will appear in the bin.
2) Repeat step 1 for all other clips.
Then your zones will appear in the order as you save them.

Note: I have discovered this feature accidentally. But I've never really found a use for that. So, I might be wrong :-)

_=__=__=__=__=__=__=__=__=__=_
http://youtube.com/bigboss97
karlfee
Registered Member
OS

Re: Library only for single project

Wed May 05, 2021 8:20 am
bigboss97 wrote:My understanding, you have one single long clip and have the pieces in timeline. What you can do:
1) Adjust first clip in the timeline, then right clip on that clip and select "Save Timeline Zone to Bin". That piece (zone) will appear in the bin.
2) Repeat step 1 for all other clips.
Then your zones will appear in the order as you save them.

Note: I have discovered this feature accidentally. But I've never really found a use for that. So, I might be wrong :-)

Hey Bigboss. thanks for the hint. So I got to delve deeper into the bin. I always thought it's a kind of project over-arching library but maybe it's just what I need.
Cheers!