This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Help! I can't figure out how to change the default durations

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
solomondouglas
Registered Member
I'm on Windows running Kdenlive 21.04.0, and I'm trying to set the default durations for such things as title clips, image clips, etc.

I'm in Settings ... Configure Kdenlive ... Misc. At the bottom of the dialog box there is a section called "Default Durations".

I can't seem to figure out how to modify the text fields containing the durations. I've tried to click and type. I've tried selecting the digits I want to change and then type. I've tried selecting the entire field and then typing. I've tried typing my desired duration in Emacs, copying it, then select-all in the text field, and paste with Ctrl-V. I've also tried the same but pasting using the right-mouse-button menu. I've tried clicking on the label ("Title clips") and dragging left or right (since this method works to change values in other situations, such as effects parameters). None of these has allowed me to change the text.

If there is really no way to change these numbers from within kdenlive, then perhaps I can find the configuration file that they're in and edit it. Can anyone tell me where that file is located?

Otherwise, I'm out of ideas. Help!
berndmj
Registered Member
OS
Hmm, I just tried it and can change the duration settings without any problems. No idea why you cannot.

Short of uninstalling and re-installing Kdenlive go to C:\Users\<your_user_name>\AppData\Local and delete kdenliverc and perhaps kdeglobals

Have you uninstalled any previous versions of Kdenlive before you installed V21.04.0?

Hope this helps

This forum will soon be archived and you won't be able to interact with it anymore. Please use KDE Discuss instead.
solomondouglas
Registered Member
Thanks for your suggestions! I had no previous version installed when I installed 21.04; in fact, I had just restored C: from a partition image (using CloneZilla) in which kdenlive had never been installed.

Deleting those config files didn't help.

Uninstalling and reinstalling didn't help.

Any other ideas?
berndmj
Registered Member
OS
solomondouglas wrote:Any other ideas?

Can you send a screen recording of what you are trying to do?

This forum will soon be archived and you won't be able to interact with it anymore. Please use KDE Discuss instead.
solomondouglas
Registered Member
berndmj wrote:Can you send a screen recording of what you are trying to do?

Sure. I couldn't figure out how to upload attachments, so here is a link: https://youtu.be/xGTd86eAzJQ

Thanks!
bartoloni
OS
replied on youtube video.. but now gaain here... i just downloaded latest nightly and tested.. and these fields can be edited..
https://binary-factory.kde.org/job/Kden ... 64-gcc.exe
solomondouglas
Registered Member
bartoloni wrote:replied on youtube video.. but now gaain here... i just downloaded latest nightly and tested.. and these fields can be edited..

Thank you! That solved the problem.

P.S. I don't see your comment on the YouTube video, so I'm glad you also replied here!
bartoloni
OS
solomondouglas wrote:P.S. I don't see your comment on the YouTube video, so I'm glad you also replied here!

probably youtube removed the comment because there was a link to an .EXE file :)
solomondouglas
Registered Member
bartoloni wrote:replied on youtube video.. but now gaain here... i just downloaded latest nightly and tested.. and these fields can be edited..

Hey, I'm back with the same problem again! I just installed the latest nightly (834), and I'm finding that I cannot edit those fields anymore.

I don't want to keep bugging you about this, especially when I'm running an alpha build, so can you maybe tell me where I can find the documentation of what goes into kdenliverc so that I can change the settings there?

Thanks so much!
solomondouglas
Registered Member
Oh, I found it. In kdenliverc, in the [misc] section, I added these lines:

Code: Select all
color_duration=00:00:05,00
fade_duration=00:00:01,00
image_duration=00:05:00,00
mix_duration=00:00:01,00
sequence_duration=00:00:00,01
subtitle_duration=00:00:05,00
title_duration=00:00:11,00